Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mummies Day!

It's Saturday and today my Uncle Jonathan took Jackson and me to a big museum called the Louvre to see some Mummies! The Louvre used to be a palace where kings and queens lived.


A Mummy is a person from Egypt a long time ago who is wrapped up in bandages to be buried. They were not too scary!



There were even animal mummies - cats, dogs and a crocodile!


This sphinx statue is also from Egypt: he has the head of a person and the body of a lion!


Next we went upstairs to see the paintings. Here's the Mona Lisa. It is so famous it has its own room with guards and you cannot get too close to it.  It is a very nice painting.


Later today we are leaving Paris. We are catching a train to the countryside for the rest of our vacation.
Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Olivia and Jackson,
    I'm sure the mummies are so cool! I can't believe that painting has it's own room AND some guards!

    Love, Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jackson and Olivia,
    I know those mummies were cool and the animal ones were really neat. I really miss you but I'm glad you guys are having fun!

    Love,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete